This week saw the latest 3D Printer project be published on Kickstarter! The DeltaMaker – The new kid on the block is a elegant 3D Printer that packs a bunch of awesome features.
With a high success rate – 3D Printers are having a huge success rate on Kistarter getting funded, this just goes to show that the community is very much a growing one! With the latest introduction of the DeltaMaker – this 3D printer looks very promising and probably the most exciting & affordable printer soon to hit the market yet.
Need to mentioned also that the DeltaMarker has raised over $47,000 in just 4 days of being on Kickstarter – not bad if you ask me!
- Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) using 1.75 mm filament
- 100 micron layer resolution capability
- 9″ diameter x 11″ tall build envelope (approximate)
- Heated build platform (optional)
- Efficient footprint to build envelope ratio
- Printed object viewable from 360 degrees
- Rigid aluminum extrusion construction
- Utilizes open source software tool chain
“The term “delta robot” refers to a design utilizing three sets of parallel arms to control motion of an end effector while maintaining the planar orientation of the end effector. In other words, by moving three arms up and down, we can precisely position the extrusion head in 3D space. Unlike a traditional X, Y, Z axis control system, no motor is specifically tied to a single axis.”